Friday, November 02, 2007

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Ok, this is breaking my heart. Pepper turned one yesterday and I can’t believe it’s already been one year. This must have been the fastest year of my life. I now understand all those people who say, “enjoy it while it lasts…they grow up so quickly.” It’s true, people. They will be leaving home and starting college next week.

Anyway, enough sappy mom stuff.

While Peri’s official party isn’t until tomorrow, Sean, Cate and I celebrated her birthday with some cake and presents yesterday. Knowing Peri’s over-the-top personality, I really expected her to tear into her cake. Surprisingly, she didn’t. She picked at the frosting and wiped it on her shirt like it was dirt or something. She finally figured out that it tasted pretty good and ate some. She also fed some to her Dad. And in true baby form, she liked the boxes her presents came in more than the gifts themselves. Go figure.

Happy Birthday my sweet baby. You are the life of the party and so sweet. You certainly have your moments, but those who know you can’t deny that you’re going to be a rockstar. You make the world a more interesting place and we are so thankful to have you in our lives!

1 comment:

ashli said...

Happy Birthday Peri Beri! We love you little sweetness!