Sunday, September 09, 2007

Catching Up

Ok, I know it’s been about five years since I posted, but cut me some slack. Things have been a little crazy around here. I haven’t exactly had time for leisurely blogging. I know, boo hoo! :)

Where to start….

Sean has literally been home 3 of the last 18 days. He has been in Washington D.C., Iowa and Mississippi. Unfortunately, in the midst of all his craziness, he had to make a side trip to Kansas to attend the funeral of Grandma Mossman. Grandma was undoubtedly one of the most influential people in his life – helping him through college and supporting him as he started his own company. Above all, she pushed him and challenged him and we will all miss her.

Through all of this, he has never complained and is working so hard to provide a good life for his family. I know he has sacrificed and I am so proud of him. We will welcome him home later this week and I know the girls (and I) will be so happy to have him home for a while. Hopefully.

Cate started at a new school this year and is loving it. She is already learning so much and I’m really impressed with her teachers and their curriculum! She started drawing “real” pictures (see her first picture of daddy as reference) and writing her letters. It’s like all of a sudden she isn’t a toddler, she’s actually a little girl! Her imagination is active and I have really been enjoying my conversations with her lately.

Peri is as wild as ever. She has been teething, legitimately playing with her sister and wreaking havoc on the house as usual. BTW, is the picture of Peri and Cate not adorable?!?! They get along so well and love on each other frequently. Precious!

Mom takes her last treatment tomorrow and then she will start the testing process all over again. We are hopeful and I am confident that I will be posting some good news soon. She felt good enough to come stay a few days with the girls and I recently. We painted my upstairs hallway and stairwell. I have also painted the entry room and plan on moving to the living room this week. I know - I’m a regular Bob Vila.

Alright, that’s enough for tonight. Hope all is well with you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess this means you're home from Okemah- great pictures; poor Sean must miss you guys so much. You're my hero for keepin' your cool, girl! -Camille

ginny said...

A-freakin-dorable!!1

ashli said...

Love the pics of the girls! Too cute! Poor Sean, sorry to hear about grandma mossman. Glad he is here to stay a little longer this go around though! And the painting looks awesome btw!