Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DNC, Baby!

We arrived home tonight from Denver after spending 5 days with friends and family partying and taking in the sights surrounding the Democratic National Convention. It’s madness in Denver, but I wouldn’t have missed it for the world!

First, thanks to Aunt Sandy and Cousin Lisa for not only hosting a great BBQ in our honor, but also showing us around Denver and Boulder and babysitting for two nights so Sean and I could party a bit! We are eternally grateful!

Sean, who remains in Denver for a few more days, pulled off a major party/concert with Death Cab for Cutie. After sweating all the details for the past 6 months, the event was awesome, the band rocked and the 1,500 people that showed up totally agreed. I’m so proud of Sean! Great job!

The girls had a great time swimming and hanging out. They are so tired and I feel pretty guilty about sending them to school tomorrow, but not that guilty. Mama needs a break, too!

I did an obscene amount of shopping, watched some protestors, made an appearance at the convention to see Michelle Obama speak and rocked out at the Rock the Vote Concert and Death Cab’s concert. It really was a fast 5 days, but fantastic.

All that said, it is always wonderful to be home. I am ready for routine and order to come flooding back into my life and frankly, I need some rest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...what an exciting life you guys lead!!! Sounds like an awesome trip! You should come up here next week for the RNC and party w/ me. :)