Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Change Is Gonna Come

Phew! Life is hectic. Isn’t summertime supposed to be relaxing and boring? I can’t believe the 4th of July has come and gone and now we’re in the middle of oppressive heat and non-stop running.

Speaking of running, Sean is sprinting at full speed. He is juggling all his responsibilities and just to make his life more complicated, he recently joined a soccer team. He has been really excited to get back to playing. Unfortunately, I’m sure his opponents get to feel his wrath, since he clearly needed an outlet to release stress. Anyway, like a proud mama, I’m pleased to report that in his first game he made one goal, had three assists and only gave up one goal during his half as goalkeeper. Way to go, Sean!! You’re my David Beckham! :)

Cate is in another theater camp this week (loving it!) and playing with friends. Her new obsession is the movie Annie. Funny enough, Peri loves Annie, too, but that’s another story. Cate knows many of the songs and loves to tell me about her “hard-knock life.”

Peri is in full-on talking mode. She can repeat anything and has started saying “please” when she needs something. She closes her eyes tightly, smiles sweetly and says “peas” really quietly. It’s really adorable and for those who know her well, you know it’s a total act. She’s one sharp cookie. I will write more about Peri later since I’m in behind in dedicating a full post to her.

I am pleased (and slightly scared) to report that I am returning to the world of work. Well, part time, anyway. I am starting next week at a small public relations firm. My job will mostly entail lots of writing (press releases, website content, etc..), but I will do some event planning, too. The owners have been super nice about offering me time in the office, as well as an opportunity to work some from home. I am excited to use a different part of my brain and be creative. But, change is always scary and I hope this all works out for everyone. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

Good luck returning to the workforce part time!

Summer said...

LUCK!!!!!!