Sunday, October 14, 2007

Racing for the Cure

My friend Summer has been a long-time supporter and participant in the local Susan Komen Race for the Cure here in OKC. So, her experience combined with my desire to do anything to help my mom fight breast cancer has led the Mossman family to sign up for next weekend’s walk.

Best of all, within an hour of sending out an email asking friends and family to donate money on behalf of my mother, I reached my fundraising goal . Granted, I had low expectations, but it's the sentiment that counts, right? Anyway, I hope to raise much more. I want our doctors to find a cure for this disease within the next few years - not decades.

So, thanks to everyone who donated money. Words can’t express how much your support means to my family and the millions of people battling this crazy disease. We will make a difference.

Thanks to Summer for making me get off my duff and get registered for this event! I know it will be fun and several of my hens are walking, too! Awesome!

And while this is a shameless plug, I have to do it. If you reading this would like to make a donation for the walk, please click here. I would be so grateful. Even if you can’t donate, say a prayer for my mom and other breast cancer patients and survivors. It all makes a difference and we can too!

1 comment:

ashli said...

Looking forward to it! Anything that we can do to be of support for your mom and the thousands of others!