Friday, August 17, 2007

Shout-Out!

Well, I can’t believe it. School starts next week for most of Cate’s friends and it will be so weird (and wonderful) for the school year to get back into session. This summer has flown by, but I am always anxious to get back into the school-year routine. We’re still trying to figure out exactly what Cate will be doing (waiting to her if she gets in to some local schools as a 3-year-old…probably not going to happen). But, Cate is starting gymnastics again next week and she is so excited! At least that seems to be working out…

Anyway, I wanted to say congratulations to my parents who celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary this week. Forty-three years people, can you believe it? In addition, my mom saw one of her doctors this week and a brief ultrasound exam showed that her breast tumors are breaking up and shrinking. It was the best news we could get. She is also doing so well on chemo that she may stay on it a little longer and see how much further they can shrink the tumor. I am so proud of her and so thankful for her awesome doctors. It’s not a cure, but it’s the best case scenario. Best of all, she has been cleared to go to NYC and Boston in October with my Dad on vacation. So jealous! :)

Also, I want to send birthday wishes to Grandma Mossman who is turning 86. It has been a traumatic year for her, but she is trooper. She is so strong-willed and I know her attitude has helped her make it to 86. Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Also, happy belated birthday to my friend Stacie who turned 30. We're really adults now, Stace. Hope you had a good day. And, our little pal Stella turned 1! Check out Ashli's blog for all the details, but I had to post the sweet picture of her. Congrats to everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So so glad your mom is doing so well! She is amazing!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear that specific info about your mom- she has a great attitude! I'm so sorry to read about Grandma Mossman's recent birthday and then know that she just passed. She lived a long life, I know she'll be missed. -Camille

ashli said...

Summer has flown by! Happy Anniversary to your parents! And hooray for the great news on the cancer!