Saturday, July 21, 2007

Hmmm…

Ok, so you know that I like to use my blog to make social commentary from time to time, so here’s today rant:

The girls and I went to the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market close to our house this morning and ended up getting a pretty good parking spot. And by the way, it's not too hard to get a good spot at this store because it's never crowded. Also, for the record, I am not one of those people who drive around for 5 minutes waiting for the best spot. I figure in the time it takes to park and walk, I could already be shopping and not stalking people walking to their cars. That’s actually a pet peeve of mine, but anyway…

As we come out of the store, a man is driving very slowly trolling for parking spaces. He actually drives by me, but once he realizes that I’m going to a good spot, he backs up. Now, remember I have two children to buckle up, groceries to unload and a cart to return. So, I begin that whole process. I am just about done, and this has taken at least a minute or more, and he is clearly impatient. At this point, I hear him zoom into a space across from my car. What space you may ask? A handicapped spot!!!! And to boot, his car is sporting a Christian license plate border. He gets out like he hasn’t a care in the world, locks his car and walks his perfectly-healthy, non-handicapped sticker-havin’ self into the store.

So, what would Jesus do? Apparently, he would be really lazy, wait around for a good parking spot and then when things don’t work out, he would park in a spot for people who have special needs. We live in a beautiful world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful world, huh?