Monday, July 30, 2007

Busy, Busy

For the dead of summer, things have been going quickly. I can’t believe it’s almost August! Wow!

Let’s see. Cate was terribly sick last week weekend, but managed to shake it off in time to spend a few days in Okemah for VBS. There are several funny stories about her time in Okemah, but I’ll just sum it up to say she wasn’t very shy. Most hilarious is that she apparently corrected the teachers on the spelling of her name. They wrote her first name with a “k” and Cate told them that was incorrect. When asked how her name was spelled she replied G-O-Y-T. Hmmm… ok? Guess we'll be working on that. Once she got back into the city, she got to spend the day with her buddy, Miles. We’ve blown through another weekend and we’ll see what this week brings.

Peri is not only crawling, but yesterday she actually started crawling up the stairs. Boo! For the record, mobile babies are no fun. I have to keep a constant vigil over Peri because not only is she a daredevil, she will also put absolutely anything into her mouth…dog hair, pennies, play-doh, you name it. She has two bottom teeth and I think is close to cutting some top teeth. She is babbling all the time and says a few words now like mama, dada and ball (pronounced “ba”). She will also try to copy much of what we say. Her first birthday will be here before we know it! Argh!

Sean has continued his constant travels. He's been working so hard, but has also had some really exciting opportunities lately. He won’t brag about his activities, so I will boast a bit for him. Last week, he worked at the CNN-You Tube debate and got to meet all of the Democratic presidential candidates. Awesome! After that he went to Iowa to work at a taping of MSNBC’s Hardball with Chris Matthews. He is helping with a presidential forum hosted by Lance Armstrong next month and so Lance was there for the show. I am so proud of him!!!

Finally, tomorrow Sean and I celebrate our 8th Wedding Anniversary. It’s seems like just yesterday that we were first married, totally broke and living in my least favorite place on earth…Sioux City, Iowa. We’ve come so far and I am so happy to be married to man who values our family, home and our relationship. We look so young in this picture at our wedding reception. Have I aged that much?!?!? Anyway, to celebrate we’re going to a Snow Patrol concert. There’s nothing more romantic than celebrating your anniversary with sweaty rockers at the Zoo Amphitheatre (and for the record, it was my idea!). Here’s to many more years, Sean! I love you!

Sorry this post is like a small novel…I told you so much was going on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, don't sign Goyt up for the gifted and talented classes just yet...
Way to go Sean on all the new bussiness opportunities coming your way, we will all help Leslie hold down the fort while you are gone!
Happy Anniv. you two!

ginny said...

where to begin on this comment...1)I think it's awesome that she recognized that they used a K rather than C! 2)Sydney was the same way putting everything in her mouth, I swear she would have eaten dogs**t if she had found it and 3)you and sean look totally different OMG, Leslie, sean looks like he is 12!

Norma said...

Found your blog and I am loving it. The girls are wonderful. Sean has my dream job! I would probably speak way too much Texan for the job though.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on EVERYTHING in the mouth! GAWD! And no you have not aged, you all just looked unbelievely young! Sean's summer has been super busy I know, but it sounds pretty interesting at least!