Monday, August 21, 2006

Viva Las Vegas!


So, we’re back from Vegas and we had a great time. I know Summer thinks I should be a little more excited about Sin City. I really liked Vegas, but I still have to say San Francisco is my favorite domestic destination.

Anyway, the wedding was tons of fun and I think everyone had a great time.

After arriving on Friday afternoon, we spent the evening at a bar in the Bellagio with family and then, the girls and guys split up for separate celebrations (hmmm…where do you think the boys went?) The girls had a nice dinner and lots of drinks. I was really sorry that I wasn’t able to partake in the cocktails, but someone’s got to stay sober, right?

In a cruel reality, Sean and I woke up on Saturday morning at 5:30 a.m. Vegas time. I looked pretty rough, but after a great breakfast and some shopping, I quickly regained my stamina.

For the remainder of the morning and afternoon, we lounged in a cabana with Aunt Sandy, Uncle Steve and Lisa at the Flamingo. This was awesome and I highly recommend renting a cabana to those wanting some relaxation by the pool. We had such a great time and great conversation. Unfortunately, no cabana boy…instead, we had a lovely cabana girl named Chi-Chi.

Chris and Sarah had such a fun wedding. “Elvis” walked Sarah down the aisle at the Graceland Wedding Chapel and did lots of singing (I wish I had pictures…we weren’t allowed to take pics in the chapel. Boo!). It was fun and all the family was smiling and laughing. Can you ask for better at a wedding? After the wedding, we had a nice dinner at a French restaurant. Sean gave a heartfelt toast and I generally think both families enjoyed the celebration.

We really didn’t do much gambling and I wish I had more time to shop. But, I would certainly do it all again…I just some more time to explore and party.

Congratulations to Chris and Sarah…we wish you many years of happiness and love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an excellent Vegas trip, why did you wake up so early? One good thing about no alchohol- no hangover! I love San Fransisco, too- but it's kinda chilly sometimes. I highly recommend Miami, and even better- the Keys. The Carolinas, too. I haven't seen nearly enough of the U.S., I hope Shannon and I can do that when the kids are grown. A hens trip somewhere would be incredible- pipe dream? - Camille

Summer said...

We will go to Vegas together and I will teach you to love it. Not to worry.