Saturday, October 11, 2008

Catching Up

Well, much like my friend Ginny recently said, this is going to be a long-winded one. I do apologize for the lack of posting on my part. I don’t have a great excuse except a suddenly hectic lifestyle and laziness during down time. Sorry…

Cate’s had a rocky few months. First, she started pre-K this year. It wasn’t bad, but wasn’t easy. Most of her friends from last year were gone and her teachers this year are more “business-oriented” (which isn’t a bad thing!) This, combined with the fact we missed the first three days of class because of our Denver trip, made life a little difficult in the beginning. All that said, she is now into her routine, likes her class and new friends and is making great progress.

Second, that poor girl has battled some serious allergies. After a few rounds of medications and cooler nights, I think we’ve found a temporary fix. Things still aren’t great (frequent nose bleeds have been the latest problem), and thanks to genetics, it will be a lifelong problem.

Finally, Cate got her hair chopped off. Much shorter. Like 8 inches. It’s really adorable, but she looks about two years older. My heart broke a little…

On to Peri - who didn’t have any trouble breaking in a new school because life is a party for her. She started at Cate’s school this year and not only loves her new class, but her teachers also can’t seem to quit telling me how much they love her. I know – I officially sound like that mother. I’m dumbfounded by the fact that Peri will be 2 in a few weeks. She is absolutely precocious – singing “Tomorrow” from Annie is a favorite of her activities (mowow, mowow, wuv you, day ah-way).

I have settled into work and have actually been subbing once or twice a week at the girls’ school. This has all been keeping me extremely busy (hence, no time for blogging). I am really enjoying being back at work – something wholly my own that’s not attached to my family or home. I think you other stay-at-homers might understand where I’m coming from…

Sean is running like a madman. Only a few more weeks until elections are over (Thank God!) and then we can enjoy some down time (Hello, Mexico!).

Are you sufficiently caught up for now? I’ll try not to be so delinquent – no promises, though.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Cate looks so big. And no little circles under her eyes!! Poor girl.