Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Brave Little Soldier

Phew! It’s been a busy few weeks and things are not slowing down. My March calendar is looking pretty packed – skiing, 3 baby showers (one at my house) and some volunteer work. I know – it really sounds like a rough life, right? So, I decided I’d better pencil in some blogging time before life swept me away.

Cate went for her 4-year check-up today. Can you believe it? My little chicken legs has grown 3.5 inches, but only gained 1 pound. I promise she really does eat and honestly, she eats mostly good stuff. It must be nice to have such high metabolism. Anyway, I was really proud of Cate who got shots today. She was really brave, pulled down her tights and only cried for a few minutes after the shots. However, she did declare loudly while crying that “I don’t like shots!” My mom (who was visiting) and I tried not to let her see us laughing. Sometimes I can’t believe how mature she can be.


Speaking of my mom, several of you have asked lately how she is doing. She has completed radiation and is still taking her cancer drug every few weeks, as well as a daily pill. She starts a whole new round of testing soon, so please think positive thoughts. We are all hopeful that her body is still responding well to the treatment. But, she looks great, has been keeping up with the girls and ready to ski in a few weeks, so I think she’s doing great!!


Ok, gotta run, but I am hoping to be more faithful in my blogging over the next few weeks. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Mobenda said...

Amazing growth for Cato!! 3.5" is incredible. So glad your mom is good.

Anonymous said...

Your daughters are so cute!! Very glad your mom is doing well!
BA