Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Four

I was thinking today about January 15, 2004. By this time on that day, I had given birth to our little Cate. Well, ok, she wasn’t that little (9 lbs. 9 oz. 22 inches), but you get the point. I have been waxing nostalgic for the past 24 hours. Sean and I remember vividly what we did the night before her birth (ate at Papa Dios), driving nervously to the hospital and being so scared as we walked into the delivery room. But, what a joy!

Cate, today is your fourth birthday. In the past year, you have become such an independent little lady. You can do so much now like getting your own snack out of the refrigerator and you’re getting really good at using scissors. You started writing your name and drawing real pictures a few months ago.

You are also really sweet to your little sister - quick to be her protector and show her how to do things. You are so polite and say thanks for little things like making you breakfast and coloring a picture with you. You and Daddy love to play “tickle war” and he often loses. You love to cook- yes, real cooking! You actually have a flair for putting the most amazing flavors together (orange juice cookies come to mind). Best of all, you have an amazing imagination. Just last night, Daddy and I were guests your special pretend dinner with Bear.

Yesterday you told me you wanted to be a doctor, ballerina and a chef when you grow up. I have no doubt that you could do all of those and more.

So, Happy 4th Birthday my little monkey. Daddy and I are so proud of you and the person you are becoming. While I have to admit that my heart is breaking a little today, I can’t wait to see how you continue growing. You are a bright, shining star in our sky. Happy Birthday!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cate! We were so glad to be able to celebrate with you at your bowling party! And Leslie- every year breaks my heart. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday little mama!