Friday, April 13, 2007

BFF?

For the first 5 months of Peri’s life, Cate barely acknowledged her sister. Peri wasn’t really a burden on her life, just an occasional distraction. From time to time, Cate would talk to Peri or tell me that she was crying (like I hadn’t noticed). However, about three weeks ago, Cate discovered her little sister.

Now, they’re tight. Peri is in Cate’s posse. Cate’s runs to her room every morning to greet her (even before me), she wants to hold her and speaks in baby talk to her all the time. It’s been an amazing transformation and it makes my heart melt a little when I see them playing together. So, here’s a dorky little video that I took of them this week. It’s not the most exciting, but it shows the new relationship they have. I guess I should enjoy it now, because they won’t always be so happy together. I’m already seeing some serious fights over toys and clothes. Ah, girls….


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

4 comments:

ginny said...

CUTE! Peri's just hanging out, yawning, going with the flow. They are darling together.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE HOW PERI LOOKS AT HER BIG SIS. SHE KNOWS SHE BELONGS NOW, SHE IS IN THE "IN" GROUP.
SUMMER

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, how sweet! Sisters, nothing better I tell ya! Love it!

Anonymous said...

That's soo cool! From here on out, it'll be all the sweetest sisterly love you've ever witnessed, followed five seconds later by crazy catfights. But the bond really is a miracle every parent has got to marvel over, it's heaven!! -camille